As an editor, I am your reader’s advocate. My priority is to make sure your words make sense to your reader.
I approach each manuscript by questioning everything and assuming nothing. Depending on the level of editing required, I ask myself:
- Can the reader follow my author’s train of thought?
- Will this paragraph make sense to someone who isn’t an expert in this subject area?
- Is this passage too long? Too short?
- Do the headings help with the structure or do they interrupt the flow?
- Is everything spelled correctly?
- Are the images appropriate?
- Does the layout work?
I edit on-screen in Word, do PDF mark-up in Acrobat, and am proficient in WriteRap.
Elizabeth brings a high degree of professionalism to every project. Her attention to detail in her editing and her understanding of guidelines makes her an invaluable member of a team. She is a bulldog in meeting schedules and always a problem solver. Elizabeth is always top of my list when staffing new projects. I know the project will be in great hands.
— Melanie Myers, President, Clarity Content Services